The music program is for advanced students ages 18-30, but particularly those currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate music school programs. The program includes performing opportunities including recitals and concerts. A special collaboration with the Fine Arts students, performed at the end of the summer session, celebrates the unique combination of the two schools.
ATTENTION: In anticipation of complications due to the 2024 Olympics in France, the application process will begin earlier this year.
We are now accepting applications for the 2024 Session. The deadline for Submissions is now December 1.
Click the link below to submit an application.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION
- Instrumentalists should audition by sending 15 minutes of performance video as described below.
- Composers should upload 2 scores and high quality audio files.
Please submit the following:
- $75 non-refundable application fee ($150 for late applications)
- One 2 X 2 photo: head must face the camera directly with full face in view
- 2 letters of recommendation by current or recent teachers
- Instrumentalists must submit 15 minutes of performance video (any standard video format; video links such as YouTube and Vimeo are also accepted)
- String players must include a Bach solo selection and a French composer’s work if possible
- Pianists must include a French composer’s work
- Composers should upload 2 scores of their work in pdf format and high quality audio files of performances of these works. (Preferably wav or aiff)
- NOTE TO COMPOSERS:
Our professors work primarily with notated scores. Please do not submit improvised scores, graphic scores, or scores written with other media (dance, theater, plastic art…).
Upon notification of your acceptance, a non-refundable $500 deposit must be sent within two weeks to hold your place. The entire tuition is due by June 15, 2024 by check payable to Fontainebleau Associations, sent to:
PO Box 66
Wayne PA 19087
You will be lodged within walking distance from the Chateau, either in a dormitory or with a local family. Monday through Friday, breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided — other meals are on your own. For more details about accommodations, travel to Fontainebleau, and more see Info for Students.
For more information on the Music Program email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org